IHOP is offering a free short stack of their signature buttermilk pancakes TODAY from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. In return, diners will be asked to leave a voluntary donation to support the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals programs at University of Iowa Children’s Hospital.
There three IHOP locations in Central Iowa:
- 4807 SE 14th Street, Des Moines
- 6301 Douglas Avenue, Urbandale
- 2402 SE Delaware Avenue, Ankeny
National Pancake Day Fun Facts:
- IHOP served four million free pancakes on National Pancake Day 2012 and pancake lovers donated more than $3 million to children’s charities.
- All of the free pancakes served on National Pancake Day 2012 would create a stack nearly 16 miles high
- Since the inception of National Pancake Day in 2006, IHOP has raised more than $10 million and given away more than 14 million pancakes to support charities in the communities in which it operates.
- National Pancake Day 2012 was IHOP’s largest one-day event in the company’s 54-year history.