Here are things that I have come to realize to in the past week…
1. I like the same amount of Justin Bieber songs as I do Beyonce songs….1
2. I can’t get enough of Magic‘s “Rude”
3. I’m nearly done with Season 1 of Orange is the New Black, and it’s incredible. I think I liked Season 1 of House of Cards better…but OITNB is definitely a close 2nd…and 100% better than Season 2 of HOC. Can’t wait for Season 2 on Friday!
3. Regarding OITNB…Suzanne’s (Crazy Eyes) conversation to Piper in Episode 10 nearly made me cry…Sophia is AWESOME…and I can watch an entire spin-off show just on Tastee.
4. I think only 7 of us adhered to that new license plate law. Much to my dismay, my county is now fully displayed…but I’ve noticed that nearly no one else as followed the rule.
5. That new Coors‘ “Summer Brew” looks awfully tasty…and then in the commercial, I saw that it’s not available in Colorado. Isn’t that wear Coors is from? That’s weird. That’s like saying, yes, enjoy the 515 Brewery, but we can’t serve anything here in Iowa.
6. Having a neighbor with a pool is fantastic!
7. You know what? The movie PCU was wrong…you CAN wear the band’s shirt to the concert. Why wouldn’t you? You wear a sports jersey to a sporting event…you can definitely now be “that guy”.
8. Facebook is getting lazy with their likes…I saw this yesterday on my feed, and it was liked by over 10,000 people…”Like if you like sunshine”. Lazy.
9. Ariane Grande’s “Problem” is the summer jam.
10. I’m late to the party…but Miranda Lambert is quite AWESOME.
11. Whatever Mariah Carey wears…it’s distracting.
12. Nobody likes cicadas.
13. I found out that if you say anything remotely insulting about Marilyn Manson on Twitter…a horde of angry Marilyn Manson fans will angrily (hence the anger) tweet back at you (and it’s filled with anger)
14. My wife lies…she’s a good runner. She did the Dam-to-Dam 5K on Saturday morning, and then followed it up later that night with the Glow Run.My son & daughter ran in their age group as well…my daughter didn’t enjoy it too much…but my son shot out of a cannon and finished 2nd in the 3-year old age group!
15. Love the new OAR song “Peace”. Go to star1025.com, find out how you could win access to a Star Acoustic Lounge with them on 6/16. I can’t wait.
16. The “30 Day Ab Challenge” will be our next challenge…if we can just find the time.
17. I got my mosh pit tickets to the Pearl Jam concert in Lincoln…nothing sadder than a 36-year old man trying to crowd surf…but that will be me.
18. When your long-haired cat finally decides to shed it’s winter coat…you can make fun “British Parliament“-esque wigs out of it.
19. This is darn good root beer.
20. I’m bummed the Blackhawks lost last night…but it will be nice to get my evenings back. I think my wife would finally like to watch some of her shows.
AWESOME is as AWESOME does!