Misquoted Music Lyrics
Spotify came up with the most misquoted lyrics…and they could not have been more right on…especially #1…I always misquoted it.
1. Blinded by the Light – by Mandfred Mann….apparently, it’s not “Wrapped up like a douche when you’re rollin’ in the night”….it’s “Revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night”. I’m floored.
2. Purple Haze – Jimi Hendrix – It is “scuse me while I kiss this guy”…not “the sky”. Again, floored.
3. This one was just dumb…people thought this? It’s “Rock the Casbah” not “Rock the Catbox” by The Clash. Although, for awhile, I thought it was “Rock the Cash Bar”…that’s not a stretch though.
4. Tiny Dancer by Elton John – People still think it’s “hold me closer Tony Danza”
5. Paradise City by Guns N’ Roses – A majority of people think Axl is singing “Take me down to a very nice city.” Umm…no. Look at the song title.
Dang y’all…Britney looks good!
Yes, those are her sons Jayden James & Sean Preston in the beginning.
Happy Birthday Richard Simmons
He’s 65 today…I bring this up because we interviewed Richard Simmons back in like 2007…and he was great….and he scolded Big Ken…I mean, he gave Ken the full-on Richard Simmons guilt trip…it was AWESOME, funny, and brilliant…as Ken puts it, it was a full-on Richard Simmons intervention. However, our recording system malfunctioned and the interview was forever lost. We spoke to him again a year later, but it didn’t match the first.
The Films of Adam Sandler
Grown Ups 2 is out…good heavens. Seriously? Did they not see #1? It was so bad…this is like getting a sequel to Jack & Jill…or That’s My Boy…or Don’t Mess With the Zohan (boy,, Adam Sandler has made some really, really big stinkers in the past few years…and I like Adam Sandler).
Time to rank my Top 5 Adam Sandler movies:
5. Just Go With It
4. The Longest Yard
3. Billy Madison
2. The Wedding Singer
1. Happy Gilmore
Top 5 Adam Sandler Saturday Night Live Characters:
5. Lucy Brawn
4. Adam Sandler as Eddie Vedder
3. Cajun Man
2. Brian (the guy who wanted his girlfriend to call back)
1. Opera Man
There are not enough superlatives to describe “Sharknado” that premiered on the SyFy Channel last night. It is on the DVR right now…waiting for me…begging me to watch. The trailer alone is incredible.
It’s a tornado that sucks up sharks…that’s all you need to know. Oh, and Tara Reid is in it, so you know it’s even that much more terribly fantastic.
New Pearl Jam album…not that I’m excited or anything. Oh, and after hearing their new song “Mind Your Manners”…while I’m still disappointed that I won’t be seeing them on tour this Fall, I have forgiven them. “Mind Your Manners”…is…AWESOME!
AWESOME is as AWESOME does!