Last night’s Game 1 Stanley Cup Final started a little after 7:00…and it ended at 12:02 this morning…and it was totally worth staying up for every second.
A triple overtime win by the Blackhawks? It was incredible. Selfishly, I would have preferred an easy 4-3 win in regulation, but where’s the fun in that?
By the numbers:
- 92 – Times I threw my arms up in the air (either out of excitement…or aggravation)
- 10 – Fingernails chewed off
- 3 – Toenails chewed off…I kid…it was only 2.
- 9 – Times I had to pick myself off the floor.
- 23 – Weird fist pumps/giant guitar swing arm manuevers I did after Shaw’s re-direct won it.
- 3 – other people in the household that did NOT care.
- 3 – Hours of sleep before my son woke up with a nightmare…and then I went to work.
- 1 – Text from my buddy Irey (in Chicago) at 12:03 that simply read “Good night Des Moines”. Indeed!
Tonight, one of my favorite 90s era grunge groups is at Woolys…I would be there, but our softball team needs me tonight. (Without me, we might lose 25-3…with me, we might only lose 23-3).
Top 7 Candlebox Songs
2. Cover Me
3. Simple Lessons
5. Best Friend
6. Far Behind
7. Don’t You
Man of Steel
I’m very interested to hear what our good friend Grae Drake (from Rottentomatoes.com) has to say about “Man of Steel”.
What’s not to like about a Superman movie, right?
I don’t know, I’m not sold. It looks too serious…Superman should be fun, and a little campy. From all the early reviews, it seems that this movie is very heavy, and even Zod seems too serious.
They should have given Brandon Routh another shot at Superman. Yes, Superman Returns was a train-wreck of a movie (as was Superman III & Superman IV: Quest for Peace)…but “Superman Returns” wasn’t Routh’s fault…it was just a bad concept.
I can Blog no more this morning…the lack of sleep is going to cause my head to collapse onto my keyboard…and I’m not lucky enough to have $2,222,222.222 transferred into my banking account (that’s a call back to this story….http://www.examiner.com/article/bank-teller-s-293-million-error-nods-off-transferring-money-hits-222-222-222 )
AWESOME is as AWESOME does!