Judging a Chili Cook-Off
So, yesterday, I had the honor of being a celebrity judge for the Annual MidAmerican Energy Chili Cook-Off.
It was a great time…and I think I found my second calling…cook-off judge. So much good chili…much props to Team Khaki…and congrats to Wayne and his Garbanzo Bean dish that ended up being our overall winner.
(this is Wayne with esteemed judges…Skip’s Chef Dusty, KCCI’s Scott Reister, and myself)
This is what the table looks like after a chili cook-off.
Thanks to MidAmerican Energy for a great time…and I’m now a fan of having 10+ different chilis before 10:30 in the morning! Thank you to Chad & Darla!
Top 10 “Halloween” Themed Songs
This list is a bit scattered…some of spooky songs…some just have spooky titles….and some are really only very loosely connected to Halloween.
10. Dead Man’s Party – Oingo Boingo
9. Raining Blood – Slayer
8. Dragula – Rob Zombie
7. Somebody’s Watching Me – Rockwell
6. On Our Own – Bobby Brown (it was the Ghostbusters II Theme…close enough)
5. Thriller – Michael Jackson
4. Ghostbusters Theme – Roy Parker Jr.
3. Highway to Hell – AC/DC
2. Nightmare on My Street – DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince
1. Werewolves of London – Warren Zevon
AWESOME is as AWESOME does!