And…I’m back to making Mega-Lists…most excellent, right?
Before That Starts
How weird is the Monte Teo story (the linebacker from Notre Dame)? So incredibly bizarre…if you don’t know the story, Monte Teo is a star linebacker for Notre Dame, finished 2nd in the Heisman Trophy voting, and had a very inspirational story during the season.
His grandmother passed away in Hawaii right before the Michigan State game, and then his girlfriend passed away from Leukemia a few hours after his grandmother. He still played the game, and was incredible…and everyone was moved by the performance. How could you not root for this guy?
Then, yesterday, we find out…the girlfriend isn’t dead…and in fact, never even existed. The whole thing was made up…even though Monte Teo referenced this “girlfriend” so many times. The story is so weird. It was just an over-the-phone/email relationship or something like that, and Monte is saying he is part of a huge hoax.
This is so weird…and then this other football player, out of nowhere, says no, she does exist. I’ve met her. What? What is going on? Thank you though for a story much more interesting than Lance Armstrong being a dirty cheater.
BACK TO MY GRUNGE SONGS LIST!
My favorite music in the world? Grunge…followed by 80s hair metal (which is ironic because grunge killed 80s hair metal)…then 80s New Wave music.
This list is somewhat accurate…if it was totally accurate, it would just be my top 50 Pearl Jam songs list…(which I already ranked the Top 100)…so I tried to curb my Pearl Jam love & devotion a little bit…but you’ll see that they still pop up quite a bunch.
My Top 50 Grunge Songs of All-Time
1. Alive – Pearl Jam (favorite song ever)
2. Footsteps – Pearl Jam
3. Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana
4. Black – Pearl Jam
5. Rearviewmirror – Pearl Jam
6. Rain When I Die – Alice in Chains
7. Change – Candlebox
8. Nutshell – Alice in Chains
9. Hunger Strike – Temple of the Dog
10. Don’t Follow – Alice in Chains
11. Crown of Thorns – Mother Love Bone
12. Once – Pearl Jam
13. Plush – Stone Temple Pilots
14. Breed – Nirvana
15. Spoonman – Soundgarden
16. Big Empty – Stone Temple Pilots
17. Got Me Wrong – Alice in Chains
18. Say Hello 2 Heaven – Temple of the Dog
19. Stardog Champion – Mother Love Bone
20. Cover Me – Candlebox
21. Nothingman – Pearl Jam
22. Cumbersome – 7 Mary 3
23. Jeremy – Pearl Jam
24. Heart Shaped Box – Pearl Jam
25. Comedown – Bush
26. Why Go – Pearl Jam
27. Violet – Hole
28. Pure Massacre – Silverchair
29. Head of Ghosts – Bush
30. Lithium – Nirvana
31. Machinehead – Bush
32. Arrow – Candlebox
33. Rats – Pearl Jam
34. Molly – Sponge
35. Betterman – Pearl Jam
36. Israel’s Son – Silverchair
37. Sweet 69 – Babes in Toyland
38. Dam That River – Alice in Chains
39. Elderly Woman… – Pearl Jam
40. Far Behind – Candlebox
41. Black Hole Sun – Soundgarden
42. Little Things – Bush
43. Deep – Pearl Jam
44. Animal – Pearl Jam
45. Call Me a Dog – Temple of the Dog
46. I Stay Away – Alice in Chains
47. Blossom – Bandlebox
48. Water’s Edge – Seven Mary Three
49. Glycerine – Bush
50. Rotting Pinata – Sponge
Agree? Disagree? Who did I slight?
AWESOME is as AWESOME does!