My Top 25 New Wave Songs of the 80s
Lately, okay, maybe it’s been about 7 months or so now…I’ve been big into the 80s. I don’t know why…something about the decade has captivated me. Maybe it’s the fact that 1984-1988 seemed like such a hot bed of pop culture, and I was too young to appreciate it hen, but want to now?
Weird, I know.
That said…my love for New Wave songs from the 80s has only multiplied…exponentially (look at that, trying to use that word almost correctly).
(I will admit that putting Prince on this list might be a stretch of the term “New Wave”)
My top 25 New Wave Songs of the 80s
1. Don’t You Forget About Me – Simple Minds
2. If You Leave – OMD
3. True Faith – New Order
4. You Spin Me ‘Round - Dead or Alive
5. Let There Be Love – Simple Minds
6. Purple Rain – Prince
7. Sanctify Yourself – Simple Minds
8. How Soon is Now – The Smiths
9. Shout – Tears for Fear
10. I Ran – Flock of Seagulls
11. The Promise – When In Rome
12. Stand By Love – Simple Minds
13. Chains of Love – Erasure
14. Blue Monday – New Order
15. See the Lights – Simple Minds
16. Situation – Yaz
17. When Doves Cry – Prince
18. Bizarre Love Triangle – New Order
19. Always – Erasure
20. Once In a Lifetime – Talking Heads
21. Regret – New Order
22. Someone Somewhere in Summer Time – Simple Minds
23. I Melt With You – Modern English
24. Magic – The Cars
25. Souvenier – OMD
Yes, it’s a lot of Simple Minds…and breaking news…Simple Minds has recently catapulted up to #2 on my favorite bands of all-time list…replacing, umm…whoever I had at #2 before. Although Carrie Underwood is up there now too.
What songs did I forget? What songs did I not rank high enough?
AWESOME is as AWESOME does!