That’s my son Dexter waving to the RAGBRAI riders.
We were out at the HyVee on Grand yesterday afternoon, and the kids had a blast. Super giant inflatable slide…face painting…and a sprinkler/water tunnel? To say the kids were disappointed when we left would be an understatement.
New State Fair Foods
I’m looking over the list of the new foods that will be at the State Fair, and I couldn’t be more hungry…
- Caramel Apple Funnel Cake
- Strawberry Funnel Cake
- Maple Bacon Funnel Cake (are you kidding me…that’s 3 funnel cakes that just got better & better in ascending order)
- Bratwurst on a pretzel bun
- Cajun-flavored Cheese Curds (that will be my #1 spot…mmm….holy cow, I’m hungry)
- Jalapeno Cheese Corn Dog..
…and that’s to add on to list that already includes shrimp corn dog, bacon-wrapped-riblet-on-a-stick, friend brownie on-a-stick, and so much more.
4 great words….cajun…flavored…cheese…curds.
Favorite Song Moment of Summer 2013
It comes in FGL’s “Cruise”…towards the end, when they yell “C’mon”. This makes me happy.
The New Pink Song
Pink’s new “True Love” is excellent…at first, I wasn’t sure about another Pink collaboration, but I’m totally in (that’s what she said).
Beyonce got her hair caught in a fan…
Jay-Z is now wanting to be known as Jay Z. No more hyphen for him. I will still probably include the hyphen.
AWESOME is as AWESOME does