Tonight is the series finale of The Office, and it’s been a mainstay on my wife & I’s DVR since it started back in ’04. Actually, looking at the timeline, I’ve been with “The Office” longer than with Jennifer. That doesn’t sound right, but that’s what the timeline says.
I have been super critical of The Office over the past 2-3 seasons…mainly because once Steve Carrell left (in an episode that made me weep like a baby)…it became seriously un-funny. I think it was Erin…Erin was never funny to me. Yep, I’m going to blame Erin…and in something I would never say…Will Ferrell. That turn was terrible…who would have thought James Spader would have been funnier than Will Ferrell?
My Favorite Charcters of The Office (not named Michael Scott…he’s easily #1))
(Sorry Pam…Jim made you funny).
Top 10 Office Moments Ever
1. When Michael Scott declared bankruptcy
2. The departure of Michael Scott…like I said, I wept uncontrollably.
3. Threat Level Midnight: Michael Scarn
4. The Dundies
5. The dinner party at Michael & Jan’s house….notably…Hunter’s song
6. Any “That’s What She Said”
7. Dwight on the hot coals on the beach
8. Michael Scott & his Scott’s Tots
9. Phyllis: Michael, I have a friend who’s single”
Michael: Could we share a rowboat…could a rowboat support her?
Phyllis: No, alright, she can’t fit in the rowboat.
Michael: Dammit, I knew it! I knew it! Phyllis!
10. When Michael was doing risk management and he was going to jump off the building.
11. Bonus: Michael Scott playing basketball
Farewell The Office, thank you for the countless laughs…thank you for making Steve Carrell super famous…thank you for the countless reruns that I can catch on TBS.
Tonight’s episode? I won’t cry at all…until they do a reunion or retrospective thing.
One More Thing
Modern Family’s episode last night proved my point…when there’s too much Claire…there’s very little comedy. That was unbearable last night…stop ruining Phil!
AWESOME is as AWESOME does!