That’s a picture of myself and my buddies John & Ry, with the great Tony Cox. (You’ve seen him in Bad Santa & Me, Myself, and Irene)…and you can see him in “Oz: The Great & the Powerful”, out in theaters today.
He was part of the filming of Oz, and we were staying at the same hotel in Detroit, which was next to where they were filming it. I did not see James Franco, or most importantly, Mila Kunis.
Note: Just checked IMDB…Tony Cox plays Knuck…8th billed in the cast, not too shabby!
The only real interest I have in seeing this movie is because of meeting Tony Cox, and being in the vicinity of the filming. The reason for my non-interest…
The terrifying movie Return to Oz.
Do you remember that sequel? That movie terrified me to my very core. From the mental asylum scene in the beginning…to those weird faces that moved on the rocks…um…to Pumpkinhead….um….to those “Rollers”? (were they called Rollers? Those guys that had the scary masks and roller skates for hands & feet)….NOTE: Wheelers…they were called Wheelers….to the most terrifying scene of all-time…
Here it is…
We were kids when we saw this…kids! How did anybody think that was suitable for kids. It’s not even suitable for adults still!
Most Terrifying Movie Moments I Experienced as a Kid
Note: Not the saddest…most terrifying.
1. When the woman gets turned into a robot in Superman III. I hid behind a couch and cried the first time I saw that.
2. The Return to Oz scene above.
3. The Willy Wonka Boat Ride
4. Who Framed Roger Rabbit…when the judge turns out to be the scariest toon ever.
5. The truck driver turning into a monster in Pee Wee’s Big Adventure
6. The Machine that Westley was hooked up to…that idea of torture always irked me.
The Many Moves of Michael Bolton
As a fan of Michael Bolton, loved this post…
AWESOME is as AWESOME does!