News

Jonas Brothers confirm ‘it’s over’

Jonas Brothers confirm ‘it’s over’

IT'S OVER: Kevin Jonas, Joe Jonas (center) and Nick Jonas at an event in September. The brothers confirmed they are splitting up their band. Photo: Associated Press/ Arthur Mola/Invision

The Jonas Brothers have confirmed they are splitting up after weeks of speculation about the future of the band.

Rumors the brothers were preparing to go their separate ways were sparked when they axed their U.S. tour earlier this month.

The sibling band has now confirmed the split, with Kevin Jonas telling People.com, “It’s over for now.” The brothers told People the breakup was unanimous and came after Nick Jonas told his brothers in a meeting earlier this month that he felt “trapped.”

Nick Jonas adds, “It’s really hard to say ‘forever’… We’re closing a chapter, for sure.”

The New Jersey brothers formed the band in 2005 and built a fan base through their association with the Disney Channel.

The band had been scheduled to release its fifth album later this year.

Recent Headlines

in Entertainment

This weekend in entertainment history

rainman

A look back on some of Hollywood's most memorable headlines.

in Music

This week’s top pop songs

markronson

LISTEN: This week's top pop songs, according to the latest Billboard chart.

in Entertainment

Angelina Jolie crowned world’s top feminist icon

Angelina Jolie arrives at the 20th annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards at the Hollywood Palladium on Thursday, Jan. 15, 2015, in Los Angeles.

Angelina Jolie and Emma Watson top the list of the world's foremost feminist icons.

in Entertainment, National

Celebrities protest new Indiana law

George Takei poses for a portrait at Quaker Good Energy Lodge with GenArt and the Collective , during the Sundance Film Festival, on Saturday, Jan. 18, 2014 in Park City, Utah.

Celebrities call for an Indiana boycott after the passing of a controversial law that could lead to discrimination against gay couples.

in Entertainment

REVIEW: ‘It Follows’ is the best American horror film in a decade

In this image released by Brigade Marketing, actress Maika Monroe appears in a scene of It Follows, directed by David Robert Mitchell. “It Follows,” has been arguably the buzziest American film at Cannes next to Bennett Miller’s wrestling drama “Foxcatcher,” which boasts a far more famous cast and a major premiere at the Palais des Festival.

"It Follows" is a horror movie worthy of classic comparisons.